Business Solutions Specialist
Come join our sales team in East Portland, Oregon! Express Employment Professionals is the #1 staffing company in North America and we earned that honor because of our highly motivated, career-driven team members who are passionate about help individuals find meaningful work, grow their careers, and better their communities!
If you have a background in Sales, Marketing or Public Relations, and are looking to be a part of a team and culture where you can constantly improve your skills while having fun at work, we want to hear from you! We are looking for a sales professional who wants to control their career and income while joining our mission to help as many people as possible succeed. We have the tools, processes, and training to support your success; all you need to do is bring the drive and ambition to produce award winning results!
Our Business Solutions Specialists are offered:
- Uncapped income potential
- Exclusive performance trips and awards
- Career growth opportunities, including future ownership!
- Extensive, ongoing sales training and collaborative monthly peer mentorship meetings
- Energetic, fast paced, and fun work environment
- Clearly defined, protected territory
- Great benefits, matched 401k, gas allowance, etc.
The Business Solutions Specialist’s primary emphasis is bringing in new business. This is done by qualifying potential business opportunities and contacting key decision makers through a combination of social selling tools, phone, video, and in person to person sales calls. Successful people in this role are comfortable engaging with business people at all levels and selling critical business services. This requires the ability to use consultative selling techniques (communication skills, questioning, and listening techniques, etc.), digital marketing platforms, and the discipline to be persistent while following a daily and weekly plan and demonstrating the desire and drive to become a top performing sales professional.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate a sufficiently high level of sales activity to secure a minimum of two new clients per week.
- Develop a Sales Action Plan for each of the 20 top prospects.
- Develop a Marketing Action Plan to elevate the Express Employment Professionals brand within the territory.
- Effectively work with and communicate with internal team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on various levels with different and converging timelines in a fast-paced, cross-departmental team
- Strong understanding of digital marketing activities (basic web development, SEM, analytics, social media, email marketing, graphics)
- Generates creative solutions; uses feedback to modify designs; demonstrates attention to detail.
- You thrive on helping people succeed and overcoming challenges
- Friends and co-workers describe you as a highly organized and productive person: they have a hard time understanding how you get so much done in one day
- You have a wide small business expertise and enjoy opening a dialogue with business managers and owners
Education and/or Experience
• 4-year degree, preferably in marketing/business communications, or combination of work experience and education
• Demonstrated success with direct sales and social selling in a B2B or B2Cenvironment
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, & Outlook, social platforms, and email marketing tools.
• Creative software experience preferred
• CMS experience preferred
Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, media, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors. Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings. Edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
Job requires skillful use of various computer and digital applications including web, digital marketing, database, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
- Working knowledge of digital networking platforms
- Experience with Content Management Systems preferred
- Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
At Express Employment Professionals we offer a highly competitive income potential. Our Business Solutions Specialist will start with a minimum base income of $40-50k annual with opportunity for commission and bonuses. Specialists make $45,000 -$65,000 on average their first full year and are achieving $75,000+ by their 2nd year. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short Term Disability and Life insurance policies, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, Referral Bonuses, team trip incentives and much more!!
About Express Employment Professionals
For over 35 years, Express Employment Professionals has been helping people find jobs and helping businesses find the people and human resource services they need. We accomplish this mission through a network of more than 800 employment agencies in the United States, Canada, and South Africa. Each Express office is locally owned and operated and backed by the expertise and support of an international headquarters.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000-$50,000 base salary plus uncapped new sales commissions and competitive performance bonuses. (Average $60,000 in total compensation)